|Program Name:||Schwartz Assessment Shelter|
|Location:||Wards Island, NY|
The Cook is responsible for the planning and preparation of meals for the client population. Assists the food service manager in the overall operation of food services where applicable.
High School diploma or GED. Six months experience in menu planning and preparation of bulk quantities of food. Position requires a food handler certificate within six months of employment.
- Prepare bulk quantities of food, maintain portion control and arrange food in an appetizing manner.
- Assist in the planning of menus.
- Assist in maintaining sanitary conditions and compliance with applicable health department rules and regulations including certificates for food handlers.
- Assist in the inventory of foodstuffs, utensils and supplies.
- Confirm that food delivery invoices are accurate.
- Supervise and train clients in food preparation in applicable programs.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled.