Client Care Coordinator - Sector 5
|Title:||Client Care Coordinator - Sector 5|
|Location:||Bronx, New York, Brooklyn|
The Client Care Coordinators will enhance existing services to include a thorough assessment of families’ long term goals at intake and development of service plan to incorporate small achievable tasks leading to permanent housing with enrollment and/or referrals to community resources.
The position requires either a Master’s Degree in Social Work with the expectation that LMSW is acquired within 6 months of date of hire or a Master’s Degree in Mental Health Counseling with License (LMHC). Knowledge of child and adolescent development, emotional/behavioral health and mental health, family dynamics, parent-child relationships, diagnostic classifications is a plus. In addition the position requires a reasonable combination of skills in the following areas: trauma informed, strengths based, solution focused, and family centered practice; experience working with diverse client populations; knowledge of child welfare policies, regulations, safety, permanency, and well-being.
- Manage a caseload.
- Complete psychosocial for all families in shelter.
- Complete Assessment Summary and make determination on type of intervention needed for each family.
- Develop individualized service plan to focus on recovery and wellness.
- Maintain service documentation to include client progress notes, observations and interactions about clients and incident reporting when necessary.
- Provide on-call crisis intervention support.
- Participate in individual service coordination activities, including vocational and educational services and support recreational and/or socialization activities.
- Develop community linkages.
- Refer families to appropriate community providers to address family needs.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
- Clients’ wellness is increased through empowerment and skill development to maximize recovery.
- Program staff are informed of clients’ progress.
- Client develops improved life-skills and is better able to manage his/her daily life.
- Clients arrive at their scheduled appointments and are picked up on time.
- Clients are provided with behavioral health services based on evidence based practices.
- Services provided are consistent with each individual’s strengths, needs, abilities and preferences.
- Activities and services provided meet each individual service needs.
- Health records (charts) are kept up to date and accurately reflect all services provided.
- The physical appearance and safety of the facility are maintained Volunteers of America standards.
- Services provided meet all funding requirements and accrediting body standards.