|Program Name:||JFK Outreach|
High school diploma and two years related experience or associates degree and one year experience with a similar population. Mental health/substance abuse experience preferred. Must have valid Driver License.
- Engage homeless men and women in an effort to gain their acceptance of alternate shelter and other needed services.
- Observe homeless men and women for indication of major problems (alcohol, substance abuse, psychiatric disorder, physical disability) which would impact on the type of appropriate shelter.
- Attempt to obtain information from clients as to their past history, especially their involvement with programs in the past which might be appropriate for them to return to.
- Assist in process of placement, including providing transportation to clients.
- Oversee the work of the case aides.
- Respond to emergencies while off duty.
Contact is made with the maximum number of homeless men and women in the outreach effort.
Adequate information is obtained from these individuals so that effective placement can be made.
Prior information on clients enables a more efficient placement process.
The maximum number of individuals are placed.
Clinical and professional skills are maintained and upgraded.
Emergencies are responded to in a timely manner.