|Title:||Maintenance Worker III (Bronx, NY)|
THIS IS A PAID POSITION!
The Maintenance Worker III/Superintendent is responsible for the overall maintenance of the facility.
High School diploma and 3 years related experience in building maintenance with one year of supervisory experience; or High School diploma and 4 years of experience in building maintenance; or satisfactory combination of related experience and specialized education or training. Basic computer skills required.
- Recruit, train and supervise maintenance staff.
- Prepare and carry out a preventative maintenance plan to include fire safety, OSHA and other systems requirements.
- Manage work orders.
- Track property maintenance, work orders, inventory, and purchases in computerized maintenance system.
- Respond to emergency calls outside regular work hours.
- Assist in preparation of capital budget.
- Perform other duties as required.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
- A full compliment of well-trained maintenance staff is available.
- Building is maintained in a safe manner, meeting all regulatory requirements.
- Work orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Computerized tracking of property maintenance, work orders, inventory, and purchasing is accurate and current.
- Calls are responded to promptly.
- Capital budget reflects long-range maintenance needs of the facility.
- Related duties are performed completely, accurately and on time.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.